Notes to readers of this Blog


NOTES TO READERS OF THIS BLOG

Thank you for dropping by to check out my blog. You will see a lot of other Blogs about birds I follow down the left hand side. I strongly encourage you to check some of these out as well, they are entertaining and I love to see birds from all over the world, I hope you do too.
Cheers,
Richard

Monday 6 November 2017

Big flock of Flock Bronzewings

Sometimes on a whim I head off the beaten track a bit. The Barkly Stock Route isn't really off the beaten track, but it isn't my usual roads. I thought I'd check out "two big lakes" I had been told about 5 years ago. Turns out, I didn't find them. But I did find a couple of dams, the first one had over 500 Little Corellas. probably wouldn't have noticed them except a couple of Wedge-tailed Eagles were flying overhead and put the wind up them, literally, and there was a huge "swarm" of Little Corellas flying over the dam.

The second dam looked relatively quiet compared to the first. Had a few cattle nearby, but not much happening, some Cockatiels flying around the dam, as well as a lot of "rocks". That moved. Not rocks. Bloody Crested Pigeons. No. That was one Crested Pigeon. The rest are .... FLOCK BRONZEWINGS! (inner monologue folks).

So, here are some photos of at least 2000 Flock Bronzewings. I think there were probably at least double that number, but I am trying to be conservative in my counts these days.

Flock Bronzewings










2 comments: