Notes to readers of this Blog


NOTES TO READERS OF THIS BLOG

Thank you for dropping by to check out my blog. You will see a lot of other Blogs about birds I follow down the left hand side. I strongly encourage you to check some of these out as well, they are entertaining and I love to see birds from all over the world, I hope you do too.
Cheers,
Richard

Monday 4 June 2012

Striated Pardalote - friendly and cute

Whilst staying at the Jasper Gorge on the Buchanan Highway in the NT between Top Springs and the Victoria Highway, I had a couple of wonderful encounters with Striated Pardalotes. They constantly pipe away, and come down very close to inspect you. This isn't always the case with these birds, often you can hear them but they stay high in the treetops, but not the ones in the photos. Hope you enjoy:












In case you have missed some more recent posts, here are some links:

Australian Owlet-nightjar, Southern Boobook and Pacific Barn Owl:

Varied Lorikeet, Cockatiels and Paperbark Flycatchers:

Purple-crowned Fairy-wren:

Happy Birding!

1 comment:

  1. In addition to all the DIFFERENT STUFF you get to see, it's not really fair that VICTORIAN BIRDS should also be THAT COOPERATIVE! :) Great shots Rich!
    Those posts are coming thick & fast! At least my twitter feed prevents me missing them:
    I get a reminder with ..... every ..... post!!

    ReplyDelete