Notes to readers of this Blog


NOTES TO READERS OF THIS BLOG

Thank you for dropping by to check out my blog. You will see a lot of other Blogs about birds I follow down the left hand side. I strongly encourage you to check some of these out as well, they are entertaining and I love to see birds from all over the world, I hope you do too.
Cheers,
Richard

Wednesday 18 January 2012

Brown Falcon, Willie Wagtail and Sand Goanna in the Uluru/Kata Tjuta National Park

Alas I went to Kata Tjuta on a "too hot" day so the Valley of the Winds Walk was closed beyond the first lookout after 11 am, alas I was there in late afternoon. However, there was a chance to catch up with an old friend, the Brown Falcon (well of course I'm sure it is the same one as last year, it was brown, and sitting in a tree! :-) )ok so it was a different one, but similar location, and was a stunning model:

A mate of mine used to have a saying "Get that into ya!" (normally handing over an alcoholic drink) and if you refused he gave a look like the Falcon's in the photo below


It was a hot afternoon in the Centre and Yulara was no different. This Willie Wagtail decided to join me under one of the shade structures:




We were also joined under the shade structure by this sand goanna, who, unperturbed by neither me or the wagtail, proceeded to cover his midrift with sand only 6 or so metres from me:


1 comment:

  1. Certainly a handsome Brown and great to see a Willie Wagtail. Love the poses of the Sand Goanna as well as that red make-up! A nice touch. Most suitable.

    ReplyDelete